• Premium aluminium-polycarbonat enclosure
• Works with any computer with certified Thunderbolt™ 3 connectivity
• Data transfer rate up to 40 Gbit/s, Power Delivery 2.0 and video/audio
transfer via only one Thunderbolt™ 3 cable
• Charge your notebook with up to 60 W via the Thunderbolt™ 3 interface
• High Speed HDMI® Type-A (up to 3840x2160@60 Hz)
• Five USB 3.0 Type-A interfaces, data transfer rate up to 5 Gbit/s
• 3.5 mm stereo combo jack (microphone / audio out)
• Gigabit LAN RJ45 interface with Wake-on-LAN function
• Including 135 W power supply (20 V / 6.75 A)
Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ Data transfer rate up to 40 Gbit/s, Power Delivery 2.0 and video/audio
5x USB 3.0 Type-A interfaces, data transfer rate up to 5 Gbit/s
SD 3.0 (UHS-I) card reader up to 100 MB/s
High Speed HDMI® up to 1x 3840x2160@60 Hz
Gigabit LAN RJ45 interface with Wake-on-LAN function
Charge your notebook with up to 60 W via the Thunderbolt™ 3 interface
Thunderbolt™ 3 provides connectivity with highest data transfer and versatility. It has twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt™ 2 and combines data transmission, video output and power supply in a single, compact port. By integrating Type-C™, the fast Thunderbolt™ 3 port has become even more practical since it can be connected in any orientation, making it a truly universal port.
Not only talented
Perfectly combines high-quality appearance and efficient technology with a very compact size. The premium aluminium DockingStation does not only look good but also offers high comfort while using. This solution is suited for any location such as private or office areas.
Easy connection - multiple benefits
With just one Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C ™ connector your notebook gains ten additional ports: Thunderbolt™ 3, 5x USB 3.0, Gigabit LAN, HDMI®, SD 3.0 (UHS-I), as well as headphone and microphone ports. This makes the docking station a real all-purpose talent. No driver installation required, just Plug & Play, and you get brilliant 4k resolution via HDMI® and lightning-fast online access, and the included power supply provides enough power for the connected USB devices and the host computer.
Data sheets, manuals, firmware updates, drivers and other software.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding our products.
This DockingStation is based on Thunderbolt™ 3 technology!
What is Thunderbolt™ 3?
Thunderbolt™ 3 is the latest version of the Thunderbolt standard. This interface connects computers and electronic devices with each other, similar to the USB standard. Thunderbolt™ 3 uses the new Type-C™ port just like USB. With Thunderbolt™ 3 data transfer rates of up to 40 Gbit/s can be achieved. You can also transfer video signals at up to 5K @ 60 Hz and power your device via the port. Up to 100 W are theoretically possible here. Thunderbolt™ 3 makes it possible, as with the previous versions, to connect several Thunderbolt™ 3 devices in series (daisy chain). Besides these features Thunderbolt™ 3 is also able to support the USB 3.1 (Gen 2) standard. So you can connect your USB devices with up to 10 Gbit/s to the Thunderbolt™ 3 interface.
Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ or USB Type-C™?
Thunderbolt™ 3 uses the USB Type-C™ port, but not all devices and cables support a USB Type-C™ port Thunderbolt™ 3. This means that a USB Type-C™ device is compatible with the Thunderbolt™ 3 port, but a Thunderbolt™ 3 device is not compatible with a USB Type-C™ port. For this reason, make sure that your devices or notebooks support the Thunderbolt™ 3 standard. Please refer to the manufacturer's description or manual.
What I have to know before buying?
- Compatibility with host computers?
-Your notebook or MacBook® must have at least one Thunderbolt™ 3 port. If you're unsure whether this is the case, check your notebook, MacBook, or PC manual and look for information about the Type-C™ port. Your Type-C™ port on your notebook may be marked with a flash, indicating a Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ port.
- Can my notebook be charged via the DockingStation?
-Yes, if DockingSation and notebook support this. Thunderbolt™ 3 has power delivery support up to 100 watts. This is normally sufficient to charge a notebook. Depending on the DockingStation, for example, the power can only be 60 watts or 80 watts. Check with the manufacturer to find out what charging power your notebook needs.
Setting up the DockingStation.
- How can I continue working with my closed notebook?
-Windows® provides special settings that control how the notebook behaves when the lid closes.
• You can make these settings in the power options.
• Select Settings – System - Power & sleep.
• Select "Additional power settings".
• Go to “Choose what closing the lid does".
• Select "Do nothing”.
-To keep the Mac® from shutting down when it's closed, the following actions are necessary:
• The MacBook® must be connected to the power supply.
• A mouse and keyboard must be connected.
• A monitor must be connected.
In this case, the MacBook® can also be used when closed.
- No network connection via the DockingStation, but via the host computer. What is the problem?
-It is possible that the LAN/WLAN is only released for a known MAC address. In this case, the MAC address must be the same as the Docking Station and notebooks.
- Can the notebook be charged via a USB 3.0 port?
-No, from the technological point of view this is not possible.
- Can I use another Thunderbolt 3 cable?
-Yes, another cable can be used as long as it is a Thunderbolt™ 3 cable! A USB Type-C™ cable cannot be used!
- Why is my notebook not charging even though the DockingStation is connected?
-Your notebook does not support Power Delivery or has special charging requirements. Please contact your notebook manufacturer to find out which standard is supported.
- The DockingStation is not detected by the notebook or PC?
-Check if your system's Thunderbolt™ 3 drivers are up to date.
- The displayed image from the DockingStation is jittering or flickering.
• -This may occur if the framerate is set incorrectly. Check you system’s settings. For example, if 59 Hz is set, change it to 60 Hz. The same applies to 29 Hz, to be set here to 30 Hz.
• -If the problem persists, try using a high quality cable.
- When the DockingStation is connected to the Mac, the following message appears: "Thunderbolt accessories cannot be used: Connect the unit to the Thunderbolt port on this Mac". What could be the reason?
-This message could be caused by using the wrong cable. Please check if you are using a Thunderbolt™3 cable (marked with a flash at both ends) and not a normal USB type-C™ cable. If possible, please use the included ICY BOX Thunderbolt™ 3 cable.
-The message may also appear if you are using a Thunderbolt™ 3 device with a USB Type-C™ port. Also if a DockingStation, which only supports USB Type-C™, is connected to a Thunderbolt™ 3 port.
Our friendly support team is glad to help you further and support you with solutions to any issue.