• Extends 1x USB 3.0 to 11 further interfaces
• Input: (to Notebook / PC): USB 3.0 type-B female
2x USB 3.0 type-A female
Including 1x USB 3.0 5 V charger for Smartphone / Tablet
1x Microphone 3.5 mm jack
1x Earphone 3.5 mm jack
1x HDMI® Connector
1x DVI-I (Dual-Link) 24+5 female
1x Gigabit LAN RJ45 female
4x USB 2.0 type A female
• Including DVI to VGA adapter
• HDMI® and DVI ports support:
mirroring and extending of the display,
Resolution up to 2048x1152 Pixel
• USB 3.0 backwards compatible with USB 2.0
• Vertical (with stand foot) and horizontal settable
• Plug & Play and Hot Swap
• Power adapter (100 – 240V), 5 V/4 A, 20 W
4x USB 2.0 + 2x USB 3.0 hub
Including 1x USB 3.0 charging port with 5 V / 2.1 A
1x microphone input, 1x headphone output
Plug & Play and Hot Swap
Multitasking for all
Thanks to the graphic interfaces DVI-I and HDMI, two additional screens can be connected, both in Full HD quality. The many available USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports make sure you will never have a need to compensate one device over the other.
Hands and feet
The high quality metal stand makes sure the IB-DK2241AC is always in balance. Adding all the available ports, this device will make order in every situation.
Data sheets, manuals, firmware updates, drivers and other software.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding our products.
This DockingStation is based on the DisplayLink technology
What is DisplayLink?
With DisplayLink, you can quickly and easily connect several monitors to your PC via a simple USB connection. The DisplayLink driver software for DockingStation communication is installed on your computer.
What I have to know before buying?
- Compatibility with host computers?
-All your USB devices from USB 3.0 are completely supported. With an adapter, the DockingStation can additionally connected to a USB 3.0 Type-C™ port. Make sure that the latest USB drivers and DisplayLink drivers are installed.
- How many monitors can I connect?
-Up to 6 monitors are possible under Windows® with DisplayLink technology. Under macOS® 4 monitors are possible.
- Is the DockingStation ready for gaming?
-No, first and foremost this technology is designed for productive use.
- Is Windows® 10 supported?
-Yes, please install the newest Windows® DisplayLink Driver to you Windows® device.
- Can I use the DockingStation with Mac?
-Yes, please install the newest macOS® DisplayLink Driver to you Apple device.
ATTENTION: Apple devices with the operating system macOS® 10.13.4 are not supported! As of macOS® 10.13.5 and higher, the operation of the DockingStation is again possible without limitations!
- Is the notebook charged through the DockingStation?
-No, this is not possible with DisplayLink technology. The notebook must be powered separately.
Setting up the DockingStation
How hard is the setup?
Simply install the DisplayLink driver software and connect the DockingStation to your notebook or PC. The DisplayLink driver automatically configures the monitor for optimal display quality and saves these settings for future use.
- What resolutions are possible?
-Supports resolutions of up to 4K / UHD
- How can I continue working with my closed notebook?
-Windows® provides special settings that control how the notebook behaves when the lid closes.
• You can make these settings in the power options.
• Select Settings – System - Power & sleep.
• Select "Additional power settings".
• Go to “Choose what closing the lid does".
• Select "Do nothing”.
-To keep the Mac® from shutting down when it's closed, the following actions are necessary:
• The MacBook® must be connected to the power supply.
• A mouse and keyboard must be connected.
• A monitor must be connected. In this case, the MacBook® can also be used when closed.
- The included USB cable is too short, can I use a third-party cable?
-Yes, this is basically possible. But is not recommended!
- Does the DockingStation prevent the use of video connections on the notebook directly?
-No, using the DockingStation does not limit the functionality of your notebook in any way.
- Does the DockingStation support audio output via HDMI or DisplayPort™?
-Yes, this is supported if your monitor has built-in speakers. To do this, you will need to change the default audio output in your system accordingly.
- No network connection via the DockingStation, but via the host computer. What is the problem?
-It is possible that the LAN/WLAN is only released for a known MAC address. In this case, the MAC address of the DockingStation and notebooks must be equated, or the passthrough of the MAC address of the notebook must be enabled. You can usually make this setting in the BIOS of your notebook.
- After the Windows operating system is updated, the DockingStation does not work anymore.
Please follow the following steps:
• Disconnect the DockingStation from the host computer.
• Download and run DisplayLink Installation Cleaner.
• Download and install the latest DisplayLink drivers.
• Restart the notebook/PC.
• Reconnect the DockingStation.
- The displayed image from the DockingStation is jittering or flickering.
• -This may occur if the framerate is set incorrectly. Check you system’s settings. For example, if 59 Hz is set, change it to 60 Hz. The same applies to 29 Hz, to be set here to 30 Hz.
• -If the problem persists, try using a high quality cable.
- The monitor does not turn on again after the notebook wakes from sleep mode.
• -On your monitor, change the input signal setting from AUTO to the specific source you are using (e.g., HDMI® or DisplayPort™). If the automatic search for an active connection does not find a video signal after a long time, the monitor goes into sleep mode and may stop responding to any signal from the DockingStation.
• -Windows® may have automatically turned off the USB root hub to save power. To prevent this from happening, follow these simple steps to change the USB root hub settings in order to stay active during sleep mode.
Windows 8/8.1 and 10
• Go to the Windows® settings and select "System" - "Power & sleep". Then select "Additional power settings".
• Click the power plan settings you want to use.
• Click "Change plan settings"
• Click "Change advanced power settings".
• Click the plus symbol (+) next to "USB Settings" and " USB selective suspend setting"
• Setting" to expand the options and change the setting to "Disabled”. Click OK to accept the changes.
Hint: You may need to disconnect and reconnect your DockingStation after applying these settings to restore the connection.
- The video output does not work even after installing the latest DisplayLink driver.
-Apple devices with the operating system macOS® 10.13.4 are not supported! As of macOS® 10.13.5 and higher, the operation of the DockingStation is again possible without restrictions!
- Why does my wireless mouse or keyboard look sluggish or not work properly when used with the DockingStation?
-Most USB wireless mouse and keyboard receivers work in the 2.4GHz band. Connecting the receiver to any USB 3.0 port can cause interference that can affect the performance of the device. The most effective method is to add a short USB 2.0 extension cable between the DockingStation and receiver to mitigate the effect, and many wireless keyboards and mice are therefore supplied with such a cable.
- Do I need to install additional drivers on my laptop?
-Yes, in order for the DockingStation to be completely functional, DisplayLink drivers must be installed. You can always find the latest drivers at https://www.displaylink.com/downloads
- Is it possible to use this DockingStation with an Android tablet?
-Yes, the DockingStation can be used in combination with an Android tablet. Download the latest DisplayLink driver from the Google Play Store.
- What is the maximum resolution?
-The maximum resolution is 2048x1152 pixels (QWXGA).
- Is USB 2.0 supported?
-Yes, it is possible to use this DockingStation on a USB 2.0 interface, but with a lower transfer rate and maximum resolution of up to 1920x1080 pixels Full HD/1080p. We recommend using it via USB 3.0 or higher.
- Can the notebookbe switched on with the DockingStation?
-No, the notebook can only be turned on and off using its own power switch.
- Does the DockingStation work with the Microsoft Surface Book 2?
-Yes, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 is supported.
Our friendly support team is glad to help you further and support you with solutions to any issue.