• Extends 1x USB 3.0 to 13 further interfaces
• Input: (to Notebook / PC): USB 3.0 type B female
6x USB 3.0 type A female
Including 2x USB 3.0 5 V / 2.1 A charger for Smartphone / Tablet
3x Audio 3.5 mm jack for 5.1 Channel surround sound
1x Microphone / Earphone 3.5 mm jack
1x HDMI® Connector
1x DVI-I (Dual-Link) 24+5 female
1x Gigabit LAN RJ45 female
• 5.1 channel surround sound through HDMI® or 3.5 mm audio ports
• HDMI® and DVI support: mirroring and extending of the display
• USB 3.0 backwards compatible with USB 2.0
• Plug & Play and Hot Swap
• Power adapter (100 – 240 V), 12 V / 4 A, 48 W
6X USB 3.0 type A ports, incl. 2x USB 3.0 5V/2.1A charging ports for smartphone/tablet
3.5" Audio interface for 5.1 surround sound
3.5 mm mini-plug for microphone & headphones
DVI-I (Dual-Link) 24+5 connector
Gigabit LAN RJ45 interface
Two in one hit
Thanks to the two popular graphic interfaces DVI-I and HDMI, two additioanl screens can be connected and controlled via this docking station. In this way a work station can get much more comfortable to work with.
Thanks how you are still connected to the outter world. Over the Gigabit LAN connection you always stay optimally connected.
Data sheets, manuals, firmware updates, drivers and other software.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding our products.
Working with Android
When combining an ICY BOX DockingStation of the DK-line and the DisplayLink app with an Android smart device, a complete desktop workstation is created including monitor, mouse and keyboard. With this combination, using smartphones and tablets for work becomes an ease. While keyboard and mouse as well as monitor and speakers are already connected to the DockingStation, the smart device is just waiting to be connected to the ICY BOX and to be used as proper replacement for a PC.
Reading and writing emails, creating presentations and surfing the web - all fast and comfortably with handheld smart device, DisplayLink and ICY BOX.
Using an USB OTG cable, the Android device is connected to an ICY BOX DockingStation which in turn is connected to a monitor, mouse and keyboard. One monitor can be hooked with a maximum screen resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. The transmission of audio signals is supported as well and thus headphones or speakers can be connected to the docking station directly.
The following requirements need to be met in order to use an Android device as useful workstation:
• Smartphone or tablet with Android Lollipop (version 5.0 and above)
• USB OTG cable
• ICY BOX DockingStation (IB-DK401, IB-DK402, IB-DK2241AC, IB-DK2401AC, IB-DK2651AC)
• DisplayLink Desktop App available in the GooglePlay Store
This DockingStation is based on the DisplayLink technology
What is DisplayLink?
With DisplayLink, you can quickly and easily connect several monitors to your PC via a simple USB connection. The DisplayLink driver software for DockingStation communication is installed on your computer.
What I have to know before buying?
- Compatibility with host computers?
-All your USB devices from USB 3.0 are completely supported. With an adapter, the DockingStation can additionally connected to a USB 3.0 Type-C™ port. Make sure that the latest USB drivers and DisplayLink drivers are installed.
- How many monitors can I connect?
-Up to 6 monitors are possible under Windows® with DisplayLink technology. Under macOS® 4 monitors are possible.
- Is the DockingStation ready for gaming?
-No, first and foremost this technology is designed for productive use.
- Is Windows® 10 supported?
-Yes, please install the newest Windows® DisplayLink Driver to you Windows® device.
- Can I use the DockingStation with Mac?
-Yes, please install the newest macOS® DisplayLink Driver to you Apple device.
ATTENTION: Apple devices with the operating system macOS® 10.13.4 are not supported! As of macOS® 10.13.5 and higher, the operation of the DockingStation is again possible without limitations!
- Is the notebook charged through the DockingStation?
-No, this is not possible with DisplayLink technology. The notebook must be powered separately.
Setting up the DockingStation
How hard is the setup?
Simply install the DisplayLink driver software and connect the DockingStation to your notebook or PC. The DisplayLink driver automatically configures the monitor for optimal display quality and saves these settings for future use.
- What resolutions are possible?
-Supports resolutions of up to 4K / UHD
- How can I continue working with my closed notebook?
-Windows® provides special settings that control how the notebook behaves when the lid closes.
• You can make these settings in the power options.
• Select Settings – System - Power & sleep.
• Select "Additional power settings".
• Go to “Choose what closing the lid does".
• Select "Do nothing”.
-To keep the Mac® from shutting down when it's closed, the following actions are necessary:
• The MacBook® must be connected to the power supply.
• A mouse and keyboard must be connected.
• A monitor must be connected. In this case, the MacBook® can also be used when closed.
- The included USB cable is too short, can I use a third-party cable?
-Yes, this is basically possible. But is not recommended!
- Does the DockingStation prevent the use of video connections on the notebook directly?
-No, using the DockingStation does not limit the functionality of your notebook in any way.
- Does the DockingStation support audio output via HDMI or DisplayPort™?
-Yes, this is supported if your monitor has built-in speakers. To do this, you will need to change the default audio output in your system accordingly.
- No network connection via the DockingStation, but via the host computer. What is the problem?
-It is possible that the LAN/WLAN is only released for a known MAC address. In this case, the MAC address of the DockingStation and notebooks must be equated, or the passthrough of the MAC address of the notebook must be enabled. You can usually make this setting in the BIOS of your notebook.
- After the Windows operating system is updated, the DockingStation does not work anymore.
Please follow the following steps:
• Disconnect the DockingStation from the host computer.
• Download and run DisplayLink Installation Cleaner.
• Download and install the latest DisplayLink drivers.
• Restart the notebook/PC.
• Reconnect the DockingStation.
- The displayed image from the DockingStation is jittering or flickering.
• -This may occur if the framerate is set incorrectly. Check you system’s settings. For example, if 59 Hz is set, change it to 60 Hz. The same applies to 29 Hz, to be set here to 30 Hz.
• -If the problem persists, try using a high quality cable.
- The monitor does not turn on again after the notebook wakes from sleep mode.
• -On your monitor, change the input signal setting from AUTO to the specific source you are using (e.g., HDMI® or DisplayPort™). If the automatic search for an active connection does not find a video signal after a long time, the monitor goes into sleep mode and may stop responding to any signal from the DockingStation.
• -Windows® may have automatically turned off the USB root hub to save power. To prevent this from happening, follow these simple steps to change the USB root hub settings in order to stay active during sleep mode.
Windows 8/8.1 and 10
• Go to the Windows® settings and select "System" - "Power & sleep". Then select "Additional power settings".
• Click the power plan settings you want to use.
• Click "Change plan settings"
• Click "Change advanced power settings".
• Click the plus symbol (+) next to "USB Settings" and " USB selective suspend setting"
• Setting" to expand the options and change the setting to "Disabled”. Click OK to accept the changes.
Hint: You may need to disconnect and reconnect your DockingStation after applying these settings to restore the connection.
- The video output does not work even after installing the latest DisplayLink driver.
-Apple devices with the operating system macOS® 10.13.4 are not supported! As of macOS® 10.13.5 and higher, the operation of the DockingStation is again possible without restrictions!
Our friendly support team is glad to help you further and support you with solutions to any issue.