• Designed for extra connectivity demands of a MacBook Pro® or MacBook Air®
• USB Dual Type-C® notebook DockingStation with nine additional interfaces
• Data transfer, video and Power Delivery via one integrated Type-C® cable
• Two HDMI® video interfaces support resolutions of up to 3840x2160@30/60 Hz
• Mirroring and extension of the existing notebook display
• One USB 3.0 Type-C® and two USB 3.0 Type-A interfaces, data transfer rate up to 5 Gbit/s
• One USB Type-C® interface supports Power Delivery (no data transfer)
• Single-LUN SD 2.0 and microSD 2.0 card reader with up to 25 MB/s
• One Ethernet RJ45 interface, data transfer rate up to 1000 Mbit/s
• Bus powered, no power supply necessary
Designed for extra connectivity demands of a MacBook Pro® or MacBook Air®
Two USB 3.0 Type-A interfaces
One USB 3.0 Type-C® interface
SD 2.0 and microSD 2.0 card reader
Two HDMI® video interfaces - mirroring and extension of the existing notebook display
One Ethernet RJ45 interface, data transfer rate up to 1000 Mbit/s
The DockingStation is of our usual high quality and can be used with macOS® operating systems and dual Type-C® equipped MacBooks. Thus, the IB-DK4043-2C is the perfect companion for eager travellers, business people and multimedia enthusiasts who want to be prepared for all working conditions.r all working conditions.
LAN port – faster AND safer
While the dream of cable-free devices is being lived, in many cases it is not the best option when high data transfer rates are needed. Cable connections are more secure than wireless, that means they offer a lower risk of incidents especially when one does not want to or cannot fully exploit the security measures available via WLAN. Thus, an Ethernet interface is the best way to transfer files between devices at maximum transfer rates and maximum security.
Appearance and performance
This DockingStation perfectly combines top-quality appearance and latest technology in a compact size. The premium aluminium enclosure offers convenient access to the most important expansion ports. With this DockingStation you have a versatile accessory that will also perfectly complement your home or office workstation.
Data sheets, manuals, firmware updates, drivers and other software.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding our products.
ICY BOX MacBook® DockingStation with 2x Type-C™
The DockingStation is designed exclusively for MacBook Pro® 4th generation models (2016 and later) and MacBook Air® (2018 and later) with two or four Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ ports. Usage on other notebooks with two Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ ports, such as the Dell XPS, is not supported!
Is my notebook compatible?
- If you have a MacBook Pro®, 4th generation models (2016 and later), or MacBook Air® (2018 or later) with two or four Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C™ ports, the DockingStation is fully functional.
Can my MacBook® be charged from the DockingStation?
-Yes, charging your MacBook® is possible with the DockingStation.
Why isn't my MacBook® charging when the DockingStation is connected?
• -Plug the power supply into the Type-C™ port marked with the flash.
• -Please use the original power supply from your MacBook®.
Can the MacBook® be charged via a USB 3.0 port?
-No, it's not technologically possible.
The displayed image from the DockingStation is jittering/flickering.
• -This may occur if the framerate is set incorrectly. Check you system’s settings. For example, if 59 Hz is set, change it to 60 Hz. The same applies to 29 Hz, to be set here to 30 Hz.
• -If the problem persists, try using a high quality cable.
Can another monitor be connected via the Type-C™ port?
- Yes, this is possible if a DP™ Alternate Mode or Thunderbolt™ 3 monitor with Type-C™ or a corresponding adapter is used. Note that this is only possible on the port marked with the flash. The connection of a power supply is not longer possible!
If the power supply is disconnected from the DockingStation, the connection to the monitor is disconnected and immediately reconnected.
-This behavior complies with the USB Power Delivery specification and is absolutely standard. If the power supply is disconnected from the docking station, the direction in which the current flows must be changed. The DockingStation must then be powered from the notebook and not from the power supply. Immediately after changing the current flow direction, all connected monitors are reconnected. This may take up to 5 seconds.
At the second type-C™ port no image on Screen
-A monitor can only be connected to the Type-C™ port with flash.
Does the HDMI connector support 4K 60 Hz or higher?
-No, the video output via the HDMI connector with a 4K resolution is only possible with 30 Hz.
Can I charge the MacBook® via the DockingStation and connect another monitor via Type-C™?
-No, this is not possible at the same time. Only one function is supported at a time. Make sure that you use the Type-C™ port, which is marked with the flash. The second Type-C™ port (IB-DK4036-2C and IB-DK4037-2C) on the DockingStation is only a data connection with USB 3.0 support.
Can the DockingStation be used on both sides of MacBook Pro®?
-Yes, the DockingStation can be used on both sides.
Everything is connected but no function
-After a software update, MacBook may have one or both of the Type-C™ ports without function. As a result, devices connected to the DockingStation will no longer be recognized.
To resolve this problem, simply plug the power supply into the failed Type-C™ port. Alternatively, you can try to turn the DockingStation once and then plug it back in the right way. This will reactivate the connector and it will work properly again.
If these steps are unsuccessful, you can reset the SMC (System Management Controller) of your Mac. Follow the instructions in the following link:
Our friendly support team is glad to help you further and support you with solutions to any issue.