• External Type-C™ enclosure for 2.5" SATA III drives
• Enclosure made of high-grade aluminium
• Connection to hostcomputer: USB 3.1 Type-C™ (Gen 2) up to 10 Gbit/s
• Supports SATA III transfer rates up to 6 Gbit/s
• HDD height up to 9.5 mm, capacity unlimited
• USB cable: Type-C™ to Type-C™, length 60 cm
Enclosure for one 2,5" HDD/SSD - up to 9.5 mm height
USB 3.1 Type-C™ (Gen 2) up to 10 Gbit/s
LED for power and HDD access
High grade aluminium enclosure
AL - our favourite from the periodic table of the elements
Aluminium - the material our accessory dreams are made of. Developed on the computer, melted in the blast furnace and finally milled from one piece of aluminium with the highest precision. More quality cannot be developed from a hard disk enclosure.
Fast pit stop
Cover up - remove drive, insert new drive, cover down - done. The CNC milled recess in the aluminium means that the exchange of hard disks and SSDs is no longer a nerve tear test.
Are we there yet?
The copying of a huge amount of data is pending and nobody wants to devote their undivided attention to the copying process. The integrated LED shows us in stylish blue whether hard disk access and therefore the copying process is still taking place - so that you can concentrate on the important things.
Data sheets, manuals, firmware updates, drivers and other software.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding our products.
What do I have to know before buying?
Compatibility with the host computer
For USB 3.0 and 3.1 enclosures of ICY BOX, make sure that the corresponding USB port is available on your host computer. Although our enclosures are always USB downward compatible, please note that the specified data transfer rates cannot be achieved with an older USB version.
Are cables included in the package contents?
• All our ICY BOX enclosures are supplied with cables. Whether integrated in the enclosure or included, the cables are always part of the ICY BOX enclosure.
• If you want to connect a USB Type-C™ enclosure to a USB Type-A connector, it is possible to use an adapter from ICY BOX (IB-CB015). The same works in the other direction from USB Type-A to USB Type-C™ (IB-CB003).
Up to what hard disk capacity can I equip the ICY BOX?
The capacity of all our enclosures is unlimited.
Can a HDD be removed from an external HDD and installed in an ICY BOX?
Only conditionally. It is possible that HDDs purchased in combination with enclosures have special firmware that prohibits operation in other external enclosures (e.g. ICY BOX) or only allows operation in special enclosures. We recommend to equip our external ICY BOX enclosures with conventional drives, which can be purchased separately on the market.
Are special drivers required?
No, only the standard USB drivers are required, which are already pre-installed on your system by default. Please make sure that the USB drivers are up to date.
Can the enclosure also be connected to USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports?
Yes this is possible. Please note, that the data transfer rates are much lower in this case.
Do I need a power supply for my external 2.5" enclosure?
An additional power supply for your 2.5" enclosure is usually not required. However, some of our external cases still have a 5 V connection to which you can connect an external power supply if required. An external power supply is not included.
Why is the HDD/SSD not recognized?
• Make sure your HDD/SSD is correctly connected to the external enclosure and its connectors.
• If the HDD/SSD is new, it must first be correctly formatted and partitioned before it is displayed in the system.
• Use a different USB port on your notebook or PC.
• Check if the power supply is connected and the external enclosure is switched on with the on/off switch (only for 3.5" enclosures).
• Update the USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 drivers of your notebook/PC or mainboard. Current USB drivers can be found on the website of your mainboard manufacturer.
Everything is connected, but no function.
To avoid possible problems, there are some quick tests that you can perform. You can test if the following components work correctly and are not the source of the problem:
• Cables - HDD/SSD - Enclosure To test your components, proceed as follows:
• Use the cables, hard drives, and enclosures on another system to see if your system is the source of the problem.
• Use a different cable, HDD/SSD, and hard disk enclosure one after the other to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in a different setup.
Where can I find drivers for my device?
If drivers or firmware updates are available for your device, you can find them in the Download Center in the Download / FAQ / Support category. The category Download / FAQ / Support can be found for each product directly above the product description under the main features. However, if you are using a current operating system, it will rarely be necessary to install drivers at a later date.
Our friendly support team is glad to help you further and support you with solutions to any issue.